Birth injuries are among the most common types of medical malpractice, affecting thousands of newborns and families throughout the country each year. Emotionally traumatic experiences, birth injuries often have a long-term impact on children and their loved ones. At The Law Offices of Dr. Michael M. Wilson, M.D., J.D. & Associates, our Washington, D.C. medical malpractice lawyers are committed to helping parents and families affected by birth injuries obtain justice and fair compensation.
Our firm has handled many different types of birth injury claims and has represented clients in cases involving the following:
- Improper induction of labor
- Improper administration of medications during labor
- The use of excessive force in delivering the baby
- Failure to do an Emergency Cesarean section when required
- Delay in performing an Emergency Cesarean section
- Attempting to deliver a baby too large for the birth canal
- Failure to deliver a baby by Cesarean section when the mother is HIV positive
- Improper use of a vacuum extractor
- Injury to the mother by the improper use of forceps
- Failure to use total body cooling when the baby has suffered fetal distress
If you believe that you or your child has experienced any of these problems during delivery, please contact a Washington, D.C. birth injury attorney from our firm about your case. We have a physician with obstetrical training on staff to evaluate your potential claim. Call (202) 223-4488 for a free consultation.
Dr. Michael M. Wilson is an attorney and a physician who earned his undergraduate degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his legal and medical degrees from Georgetown University. He has focused in the area of medical malpractice for more than three decades and secured more than $100 million in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients throughout the country. He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and New York as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is listed in America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.